What kinds of events can I hold at the Museum?
- Wedding ceremonies and receptions
- Private and corporate events such as cocktail parties and seated dinners
- Other adult celebratory occasions
- Fundraising events (but we'll need to make sure your event doesn't conflict with our fundraising activities and that no products and services will be sold)
Are there any types of events that cannot be held at the Museum?
- Art displays or exhibits
- Events for minors under 18 years of age, including children’s birthday parties and coming-of-age celebrations
- Political fundraisers
- Religious services (but we welcome your wedding/civil union ceremony)
What spaces are available for my event?
- Any of the locations on our Facillity Rental webpage (but keep in mind that, because artworks might be placed or exhibited in these spaces, some locations might not be available)
- Up to three available spaces in succession (but we aren't able to rent spaces for simultaneous use)
When can my event be held?
- When we're closed to the public
- We're unable to provide spaces on Museum holidays, holiday weekends, or during the weekend of Target First Saturdays (first weekend of every month)
- At times when spaces aren't being used for exhibitions or public programs (make sure to book well in advance so that you have a better chance of securing the date you'd like!)
How much does it cost to rent space(s)?
Once you've visited us and looked at the space or spaces you're interested in, or discussed your event with our Special Events representative (if you can't make an in-person visit), we'll provide a specially tailored proposal with all estimated fees, including the following (if applicable):
- Membership fee (minimum $350 for individual; $500 for corporation/organization)
To rent space in the Museum, you'll need to become a Museum Member (if you're not already) when you submit your rental application. Learn more about the benefits of Membership.
- Standard event use fee ($5,000 for up to 250 guests for up to 5 hours)
Besides the standard event use fee, there are other fees if your event falls outside the usual event parameters; for example, if you need load-in and/or set-up on another day, an additional day’s use fee of $5,000 applies.
- Staff fees ($5,000–$20,000+)
These are fees for security, operations, and specialized Museum technicians needed for set-up, staffing, and breakdown of your event. We'll calculate the number of staff needed based on the details of your event.
- Time extension fee ($2,000 per hour for events lasting over 5 hours or running past midnight, whichever occurs first)
This additional fee covers the costs of keeping the building open.
- Additional guest fee ($10 per person)
If you expect more than 250 guests at your event, an additional fee of $10 per additional guest applies.
To reserve the space(s) and date(s) you'd like for your event, we must receive a deposit by check or credit card.
Do you have exclusive vendors, or can I hire my own?
If you need the following services for your event, please use these exclusive vendors:
- Catering by Restaurant Associates (CxRA), our exclusive caterer, provides custom catering devoted to extraordinary events. Fresh, local ingredients and our fine-tuned culinary expertise are just the start. Our services draw on years of experience, a carefully built infrastructure, and tireless dedication to quality. CxRA's packages are custom designed for each event and include food, beverages, staffing, and any equipment rentals. For more information, contact Bethanne Lanteri, Director of Catering, at BLanteri@CxRA.com or (718) 501-6408.
- If you'll need additional or special lighting, our lighting vendor, Eventlights, Inc., must provide lighting design services, equipment, and labor.
- For any special parking arrangements you might need (e.g., valet, validation vouchers for guests), please contact our representative at GGMC Parking, our parking provider that runs our outdoor parking facility adjacent to the building.
You're welcome to bring in additional vendors as long as (a) each vendor understands and follows all guidelines for facility rental, (b) you give us a list of all vendors, including contact information, in advance of your event, and (c) each vendor submits a valid Certificate of Insurance to us in advance of your event.
We're happy to provide a list of recommended vendors upon request!
How do I submit an inquiry for facility rental?
To get started, send the information below to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (we can only take requests via email). Nonprofits and schools should send this information to email@example.com.
Your Contact Information
- First and last name of client(s)
- Name of company/organization (if applicable)
- Name of event planning company and contact person (if applicable)
- Complete mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Event type (e.g., wedding ceremony and/or reception, fundraiser, cocktail party, seated dinner)
- Preferred event date (or preferred month and year, if your dates are flexible) and time
- Estimated number of guests
- Estimated number of hours needed for your event
Make sure to send all the information requested above. Because we receive a high volume of rental requests, we might not be able to reply to incomplete submissions.
Once we've received your request, our Special Events representative will get in touch with you to schedule an appointment for an in-person site visit. Site visits are available by appointment only during regular business hours, Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Thank you for thinking of us for your event. We look forward to hearing from you!