Exhibitions: Gravity and Grace: Monumental Works by El Anatsui

IN CONVERSATION

Our visitors respond to this 30-second video.

• Connection between consumption, of all types, and trash and the transforming power of freedom.

— Joe

• I see a connection with Claes Oldenberg (recent exhibit at MoMA): both use discarded materials found on the street so to speak - bottle caps. But Antsui's work is also beautiful and reflects a much deeper connection with the human experience - migration, relationships, etc.

— Henry

• The connection I see is a flock of seagulls flying over the grazing cattle of seaside town.

— Jenni

• Maps of the continents, shorelines, land, earthworms. Lovely. My third time to see this exhibit.

— Kate

• I see a connection of man made materials brought alive by one individual who has used his God given talent to express the way art should be portrayed . An amazing exhibition which exhilarates the senses as you walk into this huge audatotium.

— Gary Lynch

Kathryn Collins replied

Connection of one human to another. His message of a tapestry weaving together colonialism, oppression, disease, art and the spirit is remarkable. When he takes 'trash' and weaves it into beauty he transforms it into asomething we won't look away from. And when we get closer? Sparks and connections
    , brilliant work by a master