Exhibitions: Gravity and Grace: Monumental Works by El Anatsui

IN CONVERSATION

Our visitors respond to this 30-second video.

• I see the elemental connections of wood, metal,fire and air. The freedom of movement and form is striking. The artist's confidence with scale, materials and color arrested me and will linger like an overture to a grand symphony as I walk forward on my own journey.

— April

• My heart aches when I think of the junk we have produced as a materialistic culture. Anatsui's work changing junk into beauty gives me hope again.

— Star

• I think that the powerful metaphorical connection is about the ominous and sinister with the "bags". In some way you don't want to know which is possible to hide there. And the beauty is there, in the walls, and also in the bags to make I think this sinister worst. O maybe better.

— Maria Martha

• I'm touched. In a formal way, he reminded Klimt, but softer. It could be also, Monet.
    It's very beatiful, a sensation of something hard become soft. Congratulations for let me know this artist.

— Maria Pia

• Klimt...Klee...Betty Saar...the seasons...the land...crazy quilts...old tattered drapery....the work gives and gives

— Tom