Exhibitions: Gravity and Grace: Monumental Works by El Anatsui

IN CONVERSATION

Our visitors respond to this 30-second video.

• "Less is really more". Amazing how thinking simply and using what's readily available is the most clever and amazing path to success!

— Stu

• The first responses are to their movement-the black and red empower each other by their Rothko-esque simplicity, but their hanging is a multifaceted study in motion as well. On a whole, they are open pieces constantly requiring re-reading and new responses that is thoroughly enlivening.

— Paul

• These pieces are unusual and I've never seen anything like them before. I LOVE the material and how they look like fine fabrics all together. The milk caps I feel, resemble coins in a way. To add on, I also feel the blowing metal to the left represent jewels/jewelry. The wooden art work is exquisite!!!

— Bea

• I am amazed at the size of the individual pieces. Who would think bottle caps could be so beautiful

— Michele

• This doesn't quite reach me symbolically, since (I think) I'm free from most things - I am physically free though perhaps not mentally and spiritually. But I hope I will remember… the man with passion. That strength of character has touched me, rather than the artwork itself. What he has charged into his art… has charged me also.

— Gabrielle