Exhibitions: Gravity and Grace: Monumental Works by El Anatsui

IN CONVERSATION

Our visitors respond to this 30-second video.

• I was once told that metal is the material which has a best long term memory. Memory can be tricky sometimes, the past can be tricky sometimes, seeing completely and from a "neutral" point of view, makes you for once stop and think, I'm everywhere. I have touched.

— Laura

• It leaves a feeling that puts a chill down your back and you wonder how long do these pieces take to make.

— Elliott

• El Anatsui did a good job. I like how he used the cans and other recycled materials. It surprised me when I watched the video and saw how he creates each piece.

— Kai- Age 7

• It has charged the idea of order and then chaos; the way the materials are linked appear to be so uniform and exact. Upon close inspection, there is great symmetry. As you step back it becomes chaos - draping, folds, shadows. The chaos is remarkable; beauty is created from chaos. These works of art are exquisite. Revealing. Touching.

— Amy

• The intricate appearance of this exhibit is highly appealing to the eye. this must have been an extremely tedious process. Oh, and I see what you did there naming it "ozone Layer". Its funny how you incorporate what is essentially bits of trash to compose it. But I guess the reality of the situation isn't all that funny. We also appreciate the air vents used to blow through the holes in the ozone mesh. It really adds to the sensory experience by adding sound and movement.

— LIU-MoCADA MAP Kids