Exhibitions: Gravity and Grace: Monumental Works by El Anatsui

IN CONVERSATION

Our visitors respond to this 30-second video.

• I wish we could touch the art, it is so tactile and not being able to touch it is hard. I like the idea of the air jets to show movement of the work, very inventive installation. I wish we have one piece of each material we could actually touch though, to leave our charge.

— Amy

• The modernism of El Anatsui's creations seems related to globalism, how cultures blend together through international trade and influence of ideas. Their fluidity and scale elevate them to the ranks of great contemporary art. You can feel the traditions of African art but also the painterly sweep of Abstract Expressionism.

— Nina

• The CHARGE these works have "left" on me are the sense of RESPONSIBILITY we all have to one another. That we must try and connect in ANY ( good ) fashion that we can.

— Madeline

• These works have entranced me with the concept of non-fixed art, expanding my curiosity of works that occupy fluid space.

— Cameron

• Each individual piece of metal has its own life story to tell, yet all come together as one beautiful artwork...just like humanity

— Anne