Community: Photos: How-To
- What is Flickr?
- Flickr is a Web site where digital photos can be uploaded for sharing via the Internet. Basic accounts on Flickr are free of charge.
- I've got a Flickr account. How do I find the Brooklyn Museum Group?
- The Brooklyn Museum Group can be found here. Once you join the group (click "Join this Group?" and confirm), you can share your photos by submitting them to the group's pool.
- I've joined the Brooklyn Museum Group. How do I add my photos?
- Go to your photo's page, click on "Send to Group," and then select "Brooklyn Museum" from the drop-down list. That's it! If you want to add a lot of photos to our group in a batch, click on "Organize," go to the "Groups" tab, select all of your Museum photos from the filmstrip (at the bottom) and drag them into the Brooklyn Museum Group.
- I've joined the Brooklyn Museum Group, and added my photos to the Group Pool, but I still don't see them on www.brooklynmuseum.org. What now?
- To display on the Brooklyn Museum Web site, the photos need to be tagged "wwwbrooklynmuseumorg" and submitted to the Brooklyn Museum Group. Our Web site picks up new photos from the pool overnight. If you check back the next morning, they should be displayed.