By participating in Shout (Out) Brooklyn! A Visitor-Curated Target First Saturday, you agree to comply with the guidelines listed below.
- Nominations for the five categories—performance, music, film, book, and DJ—will take place July 1–31. Participants may make as many nominations in each category as they like.
- A nomination should include the name or title of a performer or work and a corresponding Web site or YouTube link, as well as an explanation of how the nominee connects to themes in the Museum’s long-term installation Extended Family: Contemporary Connections.
- Nominations of emerging and yet-to-be-discovered Brooklyn artists are strongly encouraged.
- You agree not to submit, upload, or post any content to the nomination area that:
- libels, defames, invades privacy, or is abusive, profane, or threatening;
- infringes any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity;
- falsifies or deletes author attributions, legal notices, or other proprietary designations;
- violates any law;
- advocates illegal activity;
- knowingly contains viruses, corrupted files, or other materials that may cause damage to the Brooklyn Museum’s Web site or any computer system;
- advertises or otherwise solicits funds or sales of goods or services, or is otherwise inappropriate in any way.
- At the end of the nomination period, the Museum’s Target First Saturday committee will narrow down the nominees in each category based on relevance to the theme and artist availability.
- Voting will take place August 5–20. Participants may cast one vote in each category. The winners will be announced after August 20.
- The Museum regrets that not all nominees will become finalists and cannot guarantee that every winner will be presented on October 2. Rest assured, however, that your voice is heard and your suggestions will be kept in mind for future Target First Saturdays.
We encourage any user who feels that a posted message violates these rules to contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
By submitting a nomination or vote, you agree that the Museum shall be the sole arbiter of the content of its Web site and the nomination area, and thus it retains the right, though not the obligation, to place, edit, classify, or remove any content posted on the Web site or the nomination area. You agree that the Museum reserves the right to eliminate a nomination at its sole discretion for any reason.
By submitting a nomination or vote, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions described above.