Museum Guides are volunteer members of our Education Division. As a Guide, you’ll lead regularly scheduled public tours and pre-scheduled group tours, of both our permanent collection and our special exhibitions.
While there’s no need for specific experience or previous training, you should have excellent communication skills, an enthusiasm for exploring and learning from works of art, and a desire to promote art’s ability to engage, surprise, and illuminate. All Guides engage with adults who have a variety of interests and abilities.
There are lots of benefits to being a Museum Guide, including:
- Ongoing professional development opportunities in art history and museum education theory and practice
- In-depth courses on art from around the world, taught by scholars and other art professionals
- Social and learning outings to galleries and museums
- Discounts at The Counter café and our Museum Shop
- Free admission to museums in New York and throughout the country
- Opportunities to connect with others who share your interest in and passion for art
We're not accepting applications right now, but check back later for more opportunities. If you have any questions about the Museum Guides program, please email us.