The Student Guide program is on indefinite hiatus.
The Student Guide program trains college and graduate students to lead innovative tours of the Museum's collections and exhibitions, and to assist with Museum public programs. Students develop critical thinking and communication skills while sharing their fresh and diverse perspectives with Museum visitors.
During this yearlong commitment, volunteer Student Guides:
- Receive training from Museum staff in museum education, research techniques, and presentation skills
- Develop their critical thinking, teaching, and observation skills in gallery-based settings
- Research and lead lively discussion-based tours for the general public in the Museum's permanent collections and special exhibitions
- Plan and implement a public program for university students
- Assist with and evaluate the Museum's public education programming
- Serve as student advisors for the Museum's Education Division
- Meet other museum professionals