What you need to know:
- Museum educators lead gallery visits for school groups throughout the school year.
- Multidisciplinary lessons focus on three to five objects to develop observation and critical-thinking skills.
- All school groups must make an advance reservation, after which a Museum educator will contact you by phone or email to discuss customizing your visit.
- Lessons support Common Core Learning Standards, the New York City Blueprint for Teaching and Learning in the Arts (Visual Art); and New York State Learning Standards for the Arts, English Language Arts, Social Studies, and Science.
- Touch, smell, and sound can play a role in your gallery visit. To incorporate objects your students can touch, please specify your interest on your reservation form.
- The Museum is wheelchair accessible. Please see our Access page or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Students will be provided with all necessary materials for use during the lesson.