High school students, learn about art and art history with your peers, and teach children in this paid internship.
Applications for the 2013–14 year will be available June 1, and are accepted June 1–October 11, 2013. Hiring interviews take place the last weekend in October.
- Meet curators and learn about the Museum's collections
- Develop and teach tours for children in summer camp groups
- Assist with family programs
- Improve their communication skills
- Learn about education programming in a museum setting
All applicants for this paid program must be high school students of at least 14 years of age. Applicants must commit to a full year (November–August), with the following position responsibilities:
- Attending two to three Friday training sessions a month, 5–7 p.m., November through June
- Attending a minimum of two Target First Saturday Hands-on Art sessions, 4:45–9 p.m.
- Assisting at two consecutive Arty Facts workshops, Sundays, 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Teaching for seven weeks, from July to August, Wednesday–Friday, 10:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Participants in this program are paid $7.25 per hour, for up to 212 hours. Returning participants are paid $8.25 per hour.
Questions about the Museum Apprentice Program may be directed to the Teen Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.