In this paid internship, learn more about the ins and outs of event planning in the arts! As a Teen Night Planning Committee member, you'll collaborate with other New York City teens to design, coordinate, and promote Teen Nights—free events that feature music and dance performances, workshops, art-making, friends, and food.
- Design, plan, and execute 4 free large scale events for New York City teens
- Meet educators and curators to learn about visual art and the Museum's collections
- Promote Teen Night to teens across New York City, especially Brooklyn
- Communicate with emerging artists and performers
- Assist with programs like Target First Saturday
- Build and strengthen your communication, teamwork, time management, organizational and event-planning skills
- Be able to request a letter of recommendation upon successful completion of the program
- Get paid $8.00 an hour through December 2014, then $8.75 an hour through August 2015. Second year Committee members will be paid $9.00 an hour through December 2014, then $9.75 an hour through August 2015. Work up to 212 hours for the year!
To apply, you need to be 1) a high school student, 2) at least fourteen years old, and 3) able to commit to the activities below, which take place November 2014 through May 2015:
|Thursdays: 3 meetings a month, 4:30–6:30 p.m.|
|Fridays: 4 Teen Nights, 3:45–7:30 p.m.|
|Saturdays: 2 Target First Saturday sessions, 5–9 p.m.|
Want to perform at Teen Night? Send us a proposal!