What it is:
Chris Stein is both a member of the rock band Blondie and a photographer whose work is featured in Who Shot Rock & Roll. Using DrumCore, he composed Who Shot Drums and Bass, eight tracks in various musical styles.
These tracks are provided under a Creative Commons license, and we want you to remix them. Re-imagine Stein's music to create something catchy and original.
What you do:
- Download Stein’s tracks from Soundcloud and remix them.
- Send up to three tracks to our SoundCloud DropBox before midnight on
December 1, 2009December 15, 2009, EST.
Who can do it:
- Anyone over 13 who is a U.S. resident. No purchase is necessary to participate.
What you promise:
- That you won’t use any copyrighted material. If you are looking for additional music to mix into your track, check out ccMixter. Be sure to credit the artist if you find something to use, and ensure all tracks have been licensed with a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA.
- That you’ll license your remixes with a Creative Commons BY-NC-SA license just like Stein did.
- That you won’t submit, upload, or post any audio that
- libels, defames, invades privacy or is abusive, profane, or threatening
- infringes on any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity
- falsifies or deletes author attributions, legal notices, or other proprietary designations
- violates any law
- advocates illegal activity
- knowingly contains viruses, corrupted files, or other materials that may cause damage to any computer system
- advertises or otherwise solicits funds or sales of goods or services
- contains lewd material or content inappropriate for viewing by children
- That you’ll read all the Official Terms and Conditions the way our lawyers love to see ‘em.
What will happen:
- Tracks will be judged by Chris Stein and Matthew Yokobosky, Chief Designer at the Brooklyn Museum.
- The winner will be notified via e-mail and, once confirmed, will be announced on the Brooklyn Museum blog by the end of December.
- The winner will receive a Who Shot Rock & Roll companion book signed by author Gail Buckland and have his or her remix featured during the Target First Saturday dance party in January!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.