This method returns data and images as available for the specified item.
- Specify what type of record to return. Valid values: object, artist, exhibition.
- Provide the numeric id of the item to be retrived - as derived from a previous call to collection.search or another method. Integer.
- An integer indicating the first image to return. If 0 is given, the first-ranked images will be returned. If 10 is given, the response will contain images 10 through 10+results_limit. If start_index exceeds the number of images available no results will be returned. An integer greater than or equal to 0
- An integer representing the maximum number of images to return. An integer between 1 and 20 inclusive. Default 10.
- Your personal API Key.
- The API version you want to use. Integer. Valid values: 1.
- Specifies whether or not to include preformatted item captions in the response. Boolean.
- Specifies whether or not to include lots of extra data about the item (e.g., medium, classification, credit, etc.). If you set this param to false note that you must display minimal fields when using Brooklyn Museum images. Boolean. Default True.
- Specify "square" to retrieve thumbs that have been cropped to perfect squares Valid values: original, square. Default original.
- Specifies the maximum thumb size. (Size of longest dimension in pixels.) Note that the relevant values depend on the thumb_shape used. If you specify square thumbs your options are 50 and 150. Otherwise your options are 96 and 192. Valid values: 50, 96, 150, 192. Default 96.
- Specifies the maximum image size to return. Note that copyright restrictions sometimes prevent us from providing a large derivative. When that's the case, an image returned may be considerably smaller than the max you specify. Valid values: 384, 768, 1536. Default 384.
- The response format. Valid values: xml, json, html, cdwalite, dublincore. Default xml.
- Only applies to requests where format is html. Specifies whether or not to include a standard STYLE block with returned HTML content. The STYLE block dresses up the otherwise drab HTML. If you prefer to style the returned HTML yourself set this parameter to false. Boolean. Default True.
Try changing the values below to modify the service URL. Click "Call" to see the result. See this example app for a full implementation of this method.
- 104: Invalid item_type
- The item_type parameter was missing or invalid
- 105: Invalid item_id
- The item_id parameter was missing or invalid
- 106: Item not found
- The indicated item doesn't exist
- 109: Item unavailable in format
- The indicated item_type is not supported in the requested format