The ARTIST element represents a constituent related to a piece of art. Note that not all artists serve a strictly 'artist' role to their associated objects. Artist is used internally to refer to Designers, Manufacturers, Architects, Cultures, Printers, and other roles. Returned in the context of calls to collection.search, collection.getItem
- The numeric ID of the artist.
- A URI to the artist page on the Brooklyn Museum Web site.
- The full artist name
- In some contexts ARTIST elements will include a type attribute with value "artist" to make the element type determinable in JSON responses.
- A string representing the dates the artist was active, if available. May include nationality information as well.
- The artist nationality, if available.
- In many contexts where an ARTIST element has many siblings (e.g., calls to collection.search), the rank attribute can be used to determine relative order.
- OBJECT (Optional)
- Max 20 Occurences