St. Sophia, Istanbul, Turkey, 1914
- Image: "St. Sophia, Istanbul, Turkey, 1914", 1914. Glass negative, 5 x 7 in. Brooklyn Museum, Goodyear. (Photo: Brooklyn Museum, S03i1193n01a.jpg)
- Notes: Series 1914. Constantinople, St. Sophia, South gallery, looking west. The aisle widens in the outer left side like churches in Italy and Northern Europe. Very important, see related picture extending to left. Continuation of #7 toward the south slope of pier seen on right. Trompe l'oeil column about hidden between two others. Rear of the pier shown to be perpendicular by plumb-line. Next plumb line shows the other side of wall supporting arch, battered to lean outward, system almost universal in churches having the widening refinement. I know dozens of cases. Goodyear number: 39.
- Rights Statement: No known copyright restrictions
- Citation: Brooklyn Museum Archives. Goodyear Archival Collection
- Collection: Goodyear Archival Collection
- Folder: Visual materials [6.1.009]: 1914 survey expedition photographs.