'View of the old Dutch house, Long Island, erected 1699,' from Gleason's Pictorial Drawing-Room Companion, 26 March 1853.
- Image: "'View of the old Dutch house, Long Island, erected 1699,' from Gleason's Pictorial Drawing-Room Companion, 26 March 1853.", ca. 1853. Printed material, 5.25 x 5.5 in (13.5 x 14cm). Brooklyn Museum, CHART_2011. (F129_B79_C61_Brooklyn_Houses_04.jpg)
- Notes: The Vechte-Cortelyou House, or Old Stone House, was built in 1699 and played a role in the 1776 Battle of Brooklyn. The house was destroyed in 1898 but was rebuilt in replica near its original location by Robert Moses in the 1930s. Gleason's Pictorial Drawing Room Companion was an illustrated periodical published in Boston. It began publication in 1952 and changed its name to Ballou's Pictorial in 1955.
- Rights Statement: No known copyright restrictions
- Title: [Clippings on historic Brooklyn houses]
- Description: 11 pieces : ill. (some col.) ; 14 x 14 cm.-30 x 37 cm.
- Citation: Brooklyn Museum Libraries. Special Collections
- Imprint: [United States]
- Date Display: 1853-1925
- Call Number: F129 B79 C61