Kerry James Marshall: Mementos
- Dates: September 11, 1998 through November 29, 1998
- Collections: Contemporary Art
- ART; Mementos of a Moment and Its MovementsSeptember 6, 1998 By BARRY SCHWABSKYBarry Schwabsky reviews exhibtion 'Mementos' by Kerry James Marshall, art works about racial struggle of 1960's, on view at Brooklyn Museum; photo (M)
- THE NEW SEASON/ART; THE ANNOTATED LISTINGSSeptember 13, 1998 BY HOLLAND COTTERHolland Cotter previews noteworthy upcoming events in art world this season; illustrations (L)
- SPARE TIMES: FOR CHILDRENOctober 2, 1998 "Theater ''THE LITTLE MERMAID,'' the story of a mermaid who longs for a human soul, will be presented by the dance company Ballet for Young Audiences tomorrow at 1 P.M. and Sunday at 2 P.M. at Queens Theater in the Park, Flushing Meadows Corona Park, off Exit 9E of the Grand Central Parkway, near Shea Stadium, Queens. Tickets: $8. There is free..."
- ART REVIEW; In Civil Rights Ferment, A Conflicted NostalgiaOctober 2, 1998 By HOLLAND COTTERHolland Cotter reviews Kerry James Marshall's paintings at Brooklyn Museum; photo (M)
- ART GUIDEOctober 9, 1998 "Here is a selective listing by critics of The Times of new or noteworthy art, design and photography exhibitions at New York City museums and art galleries this weekend. Addresses, unless otherwise noted, are in Manhattan. Most galleries are closed on Sundays and Mondays, but hours vary and should be checked by telephone. Gallery admission is free...."