Mariko Mori: Empty Dream
- Dates: April 8, 1999 through August 15, 1999
- Collections: Contemporary Art
- INSIDE ART; National Gallery Fills Its GardenMarch 19, 1999 By Carol VogelNational Gallery of Art in Washington acquires 10 major sculptures in time for May 23 opening of its new sculpture garden...Dia Center for the Arts acquires seminal series of 15 plywood floor pieces by Donald Judd, which it will display in new new branch in Beacon, NY...Brooklyn Museum of Art schedules show of installations and photographs by Mariko Mori, Japanese photographer and performance artist; photo...Anna and Brian Haughton plan to hold an Internatinoal 20th Century Art and Design Show at Seventh Regiment Armory in Manhattan over Thanksgiving weekend (M)
- ART REVIEW; Drawing on a Rich Lode of Shinto-Buddhist CultureApril 16, 1999 By HOLLAND COTTERHolland Cotter reviews exhibit of videos and computer-generated photographs of Japanese-born artist Mariko Mori at Brooklyn Museum of Art; photos (M)
- ART GUIDEApril 23, 1999 "Here is a selective listing by critics of The Times of new or noteworthy art, design and photography exhibitions at New York City museums and art galleries this weekend. Addresses, unless otherwise noted, are in Manhattan. Most galleries are closed on Sundays and Mondays, but hours vary and should be checked by telephone. Gallery admission is free...."