Recent Accessions to the Print Department: Lithographs
- Dates: October 1, 1928 through November 29, 1928
- Organizing Department: Prints, Drawings and Photographs
October 10, 1928: An exhibition of recent accessions to the Print Department of the Brooklyn Museum has just been hung in the Print Gallery on the ground floor and will be on view until October 31st.
The two outstanding examples in the exhibition are a pair of aquatints by Arthur B. Davies. The rest of the group is composed of etchings. There are four by Asta Ring Schultze, given by Dr. William Henry Fox; one by Levon West, given by Mr. Frank L. Babbott; one by J. W. Winkler, a prize winner in last year's Brooklyn Society of Etchers exhibition, and given by the artist; two by Philip H. Giddens, the gift of Mr. Adolph Lewisohn; one by Charles O. Murray, presented by Mrs. A. J. Lyman; a print by Francesco Bartolozzi, given by Mrs. J. W. Chadwick; an etching by F. W. W. Hoppe, printed on the Museum's press, and one each by R. Stanley Brown, Margery Ryerson and Arthur B. Dodge.
Brooklyn Museum Archives. Records of the Department of Public Information. Press releases, 1916 - 1930. 10-12/1928, 103. View Original