Luce Visible Storage/Study Center: Metamorphic Furniture: Folding Chair
- Dates: April 23, 2008 through date unknown
- Collections: American Art
- Home & Garden CalendarApril 10, 2008 "Japanese Graphic Arts Brooklyn Museum, 200 Eastern Parkway at Washington Avenue; (718) 638-5000. A collection of etchings, lithographs, watercolors, pastels and other graphic works will be on display in the Luce Visible Storage Study Center at the museum, in ''Japonisme in American Graphic Art, 1880-1920.'' The exhibition, which will run from April..."
- Home & Garden CalendarApril 17, 2008 "Behind Garden Gates The Garden Conservancy; (888) 842-2442. The Open Garden Days program begins in Connecticut on April 20, in a rugged garden in Weston. This garden, which features more than 30 daffodil cultivars dating to the 1920s, and vegetable, rock and perennial gardens, will be open for guided tours at 10 a.m. and noon. Admission to this..."
- Home and Garden CalendarMay 1, 2008 "Images, New York City The New York Public Library Humanities and Social Sciences Library, Fifth Avenue at 42d Street; (212) 930-0830. ''Eminent Domain: Contemporary Photography and the City,'' an exhibition of works by five contemporary New York-based photographers, will be at the library from May 2 through Aug. 29. The subject matter of the..."
- Home & Garden CalendarMay 8, 2008 "Art on Park Avenue Seventh Regiment Armory, 643 Park Avenue (66th Street); (212) 472-0590. The International Fine Art Fair will open with a preview to benefit the Frick Collection on May 8, from 6 to 9 p.m. Support levels vary: tickets for admission at 6 p.m., $1,500; at 6:30 p.m., $500; at 7 p.m., patron tickets, $250, and young collectors, for..."
- Home & Garden CalendarMay 15, 2008 "Women and Fashion Museum at F.I.T., Seventh Avenue at 27th Street; (212) 217-4558. ''Arbiters of Style: Women at the Forefront of Fashion,'' an exhibition that will explore the influence of female designers, fashion industry professionals and tastemakers on style and design over the last 250 years, will open on May 21 and continue through Nov. 8...."
- Home & Garden CalendarMay 22, 2008 "Plants for a Japanese Garden John P. Humes Japanese Stroll Garden, Dogwood Lane and Oyster Bay Road, Mill Neck, N.Y.; (516) 676-4486. The annual sale of native and Asian plants, which features bamboo, azaleas, mountain laurel, Japanese irises and mosses that were propagated from the gardens at Humes, will take place on May 24 and 25, from 11:30..."