- Medium: Palm spathe, bamboo, coconut fiber, hemp, pigment
- Geographical Location: Ambrym Island, Malampa Province, Vanuatu
- Dates: 19th century
- Dimensions: 37 3/4 x 8 x 9 in. (95.9 x 20.3 x 22.9 cm)
- Collection: Arts of the Pacific Islands
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 6H6, 8B
- Accession Number: 86.229.5
- Image: CUR.86.229.5_print_threequarter1_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Mask. Palm spathe, bamboo, coir, hemp, pigment. Diamond-shaped human face, painted white, blue, black, and traces of red; visor-like eyebrows; large attached nose, open, upturned mouth. Long, thick, twisted tendrils of raffia hang from all sides. Armature visible from behind.
Condition: Very good despite small amounts of chipped paint.