- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: United States
- Dates: ca. 1830
- Dimensions: 1 5/8 x 2 7/8 x 2 7/8 in. (4.1 x 7.3 x 7.3 cm)
- Markings: Marked with collector's label, white rectangular sticker affixed to underside, printed in black "H. R. LEVER / ESTATE" and handwritten in red ink "Unlisted / Lever #7"
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: Incised in script on body above grooved lines: three worn, illegible letters possibly "B [?] Y"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 19, Shelf N
- Accession Number: 64.80.65
- Image: 64.80.65.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Pewter sander or sand shaker. Cylindrical body tapers toward top; molded bands around tope and bottom edges; and three grooved lines ring center. Slightly sunken flat top pierced with holes in concentric rings.
Condition: Fair; allover dings and scratches, few spots of corrosion.