- Artist: The Napier Company (Maker)
- Medium: Sterling silver and cork
- Geographical Location: Meriden, Connecticut, United States
- Dates: 1925-1930
- Dimensions: 9 5/8 x 4 1/2 x 1 3/16in. (24.4 x 11.4 x 3cm)
Other (a): 9 5/8 x 4 1/2 x 1 3/16 x 7/8 in. (24.4 x 11.4 x 3 x 2.2 cm)
Other (b): 9 1/4 x 4 1/2 x 1 in. (23.5 x 11.4 x 2.5 cm)
Other: 7/8in. (2.2cm)
- Markings: Stamped on lip of opening: "NAPIER STERLING 16 OZ"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 1X02, ART HOLDING
- Accession Number: 1990.10a-b
- Image: 1990.10a-b.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2004
Flask, sterling silver and cork. Trapezoidal body (a) with rounded narrow bottom widens to stepped shoulder with threaded cylindrical opening on top; threaded cap (b) telescopes into a cup of four interlocking segments. Interior of cap lined with cork. Engraved decoration of lines radiating from the lower right and lower left corners in imitation of the pattern of criss-crossing beams of light.
CONDITION: Good. Surface scratches overall. Some nicks on sides. Some minor discoloration. Cap (b) is slightly misshapen with scratches on top.