An Old Man Walking by a Stream, with Distant Mountains
- Artist: Wu Li
- Medium: Ink and color on paper
- Geographical Location: China
- Dates: 1706
- Dynasty: Qing Dynasty
- Dimensions: image: 50 3/4 x 13 1/2 in. (128.9 x 34.3 cm)
mount: 22 3/4 x 100 in. (57.8 x 254 cm)
- Markings: Inscribed with a poem, with two seals of the artist and five deals of various collectors.
- Signature: Signed: "Mojing daoren Wu Li"
- Inscriptions: "Lonely old trees lean on a riverbank. new wabes hit the foot of rocks. Distant mountains hold the sunset, there is nobody in the autumn shadow of a thatched pavilion."
- Collection: Asian Art
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 6H4, 37
- Accession Number: 1990.71
- Image: 1990.71_PS6.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2010
Four colophons on the mounting brocade; one by Guo Ling (1767-1831), and one by Wu Rongguang (1759-1834). Landscape in the Ni Zan (1301-1374) style, depicting an old man walking by a stream in the middle ground, with a pavilion under trees and distant mountains in the background.
Dated "A Winter month of the year bingxu (1706)."
Condition: cracks in the painting, but stable.