- Artist: Thomas C. Smith (Designer)
- Medium: Porcelain
- Geographical Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Dates: Patented January 4, 1881
- Dimensions: 3/4 x 8 5/8 x 6 5/8 in. (1.9 x 21.9 x 16.8 cm)
- Markings: On underside: printed in yellow within urn, "UNION / PORCELAIN / WORKS / GREENPOINT / N.Y."; printed in green, "PAT. JAN. 4. 1881 / U.P.W. / [head of an eagle]"
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 36, Shelf L
- Accession Number: 66.182
- Image: 66.182.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Oyster plate with polychrome decoration. Large clam shell-shaped plate with five smaller shell-shaped depressions. Four of the small shells are oyster shells outlined in black, with black and yellow form in center. The fifth is a scallop shell, outlined in gold. Decoration around all shell-shaped depressions consists of seaweed, snails, mussels, lobster claws, small crab, etc. Ground color seen around rim is light pink.