Plant Container or Cache Pot
- Artist: Union Porcelain Works (Manufacturer)
- Medium: Porcelain
- Geographical Location: New York City, New York, United States
- Dates: ca. 1877
- Dimensions: 5 7/8 x 9 3/8 x 9 3/8 in. (14.9 x 23.8 x 23.8 cm)
- Markings: On underside: transfer-printed in green, "U.P.W." above head of an eagle; transfer-printed in tan, "[within urn] UNION / PORCELAIN / WORKS / GREENPOINT / N.Y."
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 36, Shelf P
- Accession Number: 68.87.47
- Image: 68.87.47_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
White porcelain plant container or cache pot with vitreous glaze and applied decorations and gilding. Squat cylinder form; indented band near both top and bottom edge. One side is decorated with different birds and a nest in flowering branches. Opposite side has three panels, each surrounded by thin branches: central panel is star-shaped with scene of field mouse and clams; each side panel is rectangular in shape with a lady in period costume. Gold, black, and red-orange bands around both top and bottom edge.
Condition: Good; some losses to paint and gilding.