Tea Cup and Saucer
- Artist: Union Porcelain Works (Manufacturer)
- Medium: Porcelain
- Geographical Location: New York City, New York, United States
- Dates: ca. 1894
- Dimensions: (a) Tea Cup: 2 x 4 1/4 x 3 3/8 in. (5.1 x 10.8 x 8.6 cm)
(b) Saucer: 5/8 x 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 in. (1.6 x 14.6 x 14.6 cm)
- Markings: On underside of both cup and saucer: transfer-printed in red, "[within urn] UNION / PORCELAIN / WORKS / GREENPOINT / N.Y."; transfer-printed in green, "U.P.W." above head of an eagle
- Signature: no sgnature
- Inscriptions: Painted in light green on inside of tea cup, near handle, in script: "HMMBA / Denver 1894"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 36, Shelf P
- Accession Number: 68.87.49a-b
- Image: 68.87.49a-b.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Tea cup (a) and (b), white porcelain with vitreous glaze and sage green glazed handle, gilding. Squat cylindrical cup with tapered foot rim; Chinese-style handle painted sage green; on side opposite handle, transfer-printed landscape scene with mountains, railroad, and pine trees. Band of irregularly brushed gilding around bottom edge and top edge (both inside and outside). Round saucer with wide, curving rim decorated with matching bands of irregularly brushed gilding.