- Artist: Tiffany & Company (Maker)
- Medium: Silver, bone or ivory
- Geographical Location: New York, New York, United States
- Dates: ca. 1868
- Dimensions: 6 x 9 3/8 x 6 in. (15.2 x 23.8 x 15.2 cm)
- Markings: Stamped on bottom: "Tiffany & Company / 1516 / M Quality 925-1000 M / 2740 / 550 Broadway"
- Signature: No signature
- Inscriptions: Inscribed on body on one side of pot: "Presented to / Peter B. Anderson / by the / Old Dominion Steamship Co. / 1868."
Inscribed on the opposite side of the body: a large paddle wheel steamboat.
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H27, 6B
- Accession Number: 71.144.2
- Image: 71.144.2_left.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Silver teapot, part of a five-piece service. Globular body with modified Greek key band around mid-section. Lid slightly domed and hinged to body surmounted by berry finial. Short vertical spout joined to body with inverted fan-like palmette on underside; round C-shaped handle joined to body with scroll motif and saw-tooth band (top juncture). Rings of bone or ivory set between handle and body.
CONDITION: Eight small dents in body.