Sugar Bowl with Cover
- Artist: Tiffany & Company (Maker)
- Medium: Silver
- Geographical Location: New York, New York, United States
- Dates: ca. 1868
- Dimensions: 5 x 7 1/4 x 5 3/8 in. (12.7 x 18.4 x 13.7 cm)
- Markings: Stamped on bottom: "Tiffany & Company / 1516 / M Quality 925-1000 M / 2740 / 550 Broadway"
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: Inscribed on body on one side of sugar bowl: "Presented to / Peter B. Anderson / by the / Old Dominion Steamship Co. / 1868."
Inscribed on the opposite side of the body: a large paddle wheel steamboat.
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H27, 6B
- Accession Number: 71.144.3a-b
- Image: 71.144.1-.5_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Silver sugar bowl (a) with cover (b), one of a five-piece service. Globular body with modified Greek key band around mid-section. Slightly dome-shaped cover with berry finial, angular handles joined to the body with fleur-de-lis terminals.
CONDITION: Two dents in cover, four dents in body of bowl.