- Artist: Cowan Pottery (Manufacturer)
- Medium: Earthenware, lead-glaze
- Geographical Location: Rocky River, Ohio, United States
- Dates: ca. 1930
- Dimensions: 7 7/8 x 7 1/8 x 7 1/8 in. (20 x 18.1 x 18.1 cm)
- Markings: Impressed on underside: "ROH / 1930 / [Cowan mark]"
In light green paint on underside: "H 21 / [very faint lettering, could be 5.00] / $15.00"
In pencil on underside of footrim: "H 21"
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 17, Shelf F
- Accession Number: 72.40.25
- Image: 72.40.25_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Earthenware, lead-glaze. Footed ovoid-shaped vase with slightly flaring lip. The exterior glaze is gray-black with semi-matte finish with white sgraffito decoration of intersecting circles and curving lines. The interior is glazed in gray with brown undertones. The underside of the vase is iron red pottery with circular tooling marks.
CONDITION: Good, a few glaze imperfections.