Platter, After Henry Will
- Artist: Jay Thomas Stauffer (after original by Henry Will) (Maker)
- Medium: Pewter
- Geographical Location: Lititz, Pennsylvania, United States
- Dates: 1974 (after original of 1761-1793)
- Dimensions: 1 1/4 x 15 1/4 x 11 5/8 in. (3.2 x 38.7 x 29.5 cm)
- Markings: (1) Stamped on rim of tray, mark of Thomas J. Stauffer: oval enclosing "JTS" with eagle, wings outspread, above all enclosed in a circle of stars.
(2) Impressed on either side of mark #1 is a reproduction of Henry Will's stamp: mark of a rose with a crown above and a banner above reading "HENRY WILL" and below reading "NEW YORK". "REPRODUCTION" is etched over these stamps.
(3) Impressed on opposite rim is a reproduction of Henry Will's hallmarks: four small square marks containing, from left to right: "HW", seated female, indistinct mark (possibly flowers), and a lion rampant. "REPRODUCTION" etched over these hallmarks.
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 20, Shelf J
- Accession Number: 74.77
- Image: 74.77.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Oval pewter platter with broad, flat, smooth rim and dished center. (Reproduction of Henry Will's oval platter, 45.10.172)
CONDITION: Excellent, the pitting was done intentionally to simulate age.