- Artist: Leonce Goutard (Designer)
- Medium: Glazed earthenware
- Geographical Location: England
- Dates: 1872-1875
- Dimensions: height: 7/8 in. (2 cm)
diameter: 9 7/8 in.(25 cm)
- Markings: on bottom of plate: Impressed: "WEDGWOOD"; "MLA/ IX(?)". Printed in black: "DESIGNED AND PAINTED BY LEONCE GOUTARD AND PIERRE MILLET / A. BORGEN Co./ 142 NEW BOND STREET / TRADE MARK"
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 4I34, 9C
- Accession Number: 1994.57
- Image: 1994.57_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Dinner plate. Glazed Earthenware, cream ware body. Narrow concave rim. Design outline transfer printed with hand coloring. Large female fowl facing proper right with open beak and extended talons; feathers light brown, yellow-brown and light yellow. Proper right, down-curving orange poppy on light green stem with two poppy-buds. Bamboo-like branch in yellow-green intertwined with poppy. Abbreviated, abstract blue brush strokes in background above fowl.
Condition: Good; small rim chip at 11:00 o'clock; normal surface wear.