Decanter and Stopper
- Artist: Steuben Glass, a division of Corning Glass Works, 1903-2011 (Manufacturer)
- Medium: Glass
- Geographical Location: Corning, New York, United States
- Dates: ca. 1940
- Dimensions: 9 1/8 x 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 in. (23.2 x 10.8 x 10.8 cm)
- Markings: Engraved on bottom: "Steuben"
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no iscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 17, Shelf O
- Accession Number: 77.190.1a-b
- Image: 77.190.1_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Colorless glass. Decanter is pear-shaped with flat base and short cylindrical neck, slightly flaring toward top. Cylindrical stepped stopper fits into neck of bottle, catching on step. Handle of stopper flares toward top. Cone-shaped decorative bubble in handle of stopper.
CONDITION: Liquid stain on inside bottom. Otherwise excellent.