- Artist: Henry Stockwell for William E. Warner at the Columbia Pottery (Designer)
- Medium: Stoneware
- Geographical Location: Perth Amboy, New Jersey, United States
- Dates: ca. 1831
- Dimensions: 11 1/8 x 8 5/8 x 8 3/4 in. (28.3 x 21.9 x 22.2 cm)
Diameter of base: 5 in. (12.7 cm)
- Markings: Below handle, incised: "Made by Henry Stockwell"
Above bird decoration, incised in script: "S. Stiles." (name of man jug was made for)
Below bird decoration, incised in script: "This is the first jug made in / the Columbian Factory / Perth Amboy Sept. 1st / 1831 / William E. Warner / Manufacturer"
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 36, Shelf A
- Accession Number: 77.191.9
- Image: 77.191.9_view1_PS2.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2008
Ovoid, light brown glazed stoneware jug with single applied handle. Narrow mouth with lip; neck slopes to bulging shoulder then tapers to base. On front of body opposite handle, incised decoration of bird perching on a branch with four leaves stained blue. Inscriptions above and below bird decoration and below handle.
CONDITION: Chipped on lip, chips on side near base