Vase, shape 191
- Artist: Worcester Royal Porcelain Co. (Maker)
- Medium: Porcelain
- Geographical Location: England
- Dates: introduced before 1872, made 1878
- Dimensions: 8 x 6 1/4 x 5 1/2 in. (20.3 x 15.9 x 14 cm)
- Markings: Co. logo printed in puce with an 'N'; Co. logo impressed; handwritten in brown 'Br'; impressed no. '191'; handwritten in blue '96º'; applied rectangular white-paper tag with no. '7660'.
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H24, 2E
- Accession Number: 1999.152.26
- Image: 1999.152.26_1999.152.27_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Vase, white-bodied porcelain, hexagonal shape; in the Japanese taste with overlapping blue and white circlets; each section ribbed with gilt and enclosing scattered gilt precious objects, possibly transfer-printed in gilt and blue; with gilt c-scrolled handles; raised on a gilt fretwork base with six lappet feet on a brown ground.
Condition: Very good.