Cup, Lid, Stand and Liner, shape 348
- Artist: Grainger and Co. (Maker)
- Medium: Porcelain
- Geographical Location: England
- Dates: 1893
- Dimensions: 5 7/8 x 4 3/8 in. (14.9 x 11.1 cm)
- Markings: On cup: Co. shield-logo printed in brown with ' ROYAL CHINA WORKS WORCESTER'; printed in brown 'ENGLAND' and letter 'C'; printed in brown '348/GZ558; applied, white paper, rectangular tag with no. '7776'; applied white paper tag with 'c.1893/ $450'; handwritten in brown 'l'. On lid: Co. shield-logo printed in brown with 'ROYAL CHINA WORKS WORCESTER AND LETTER and letter 'C'; printed in brown " ENGLAND'.
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H27, 3E
- Accession Number: 1999.152.67a-d
- Image: 1999.152.67a-d_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Cup (a), lid (b), stand (c), and liner (d), ivory-bodied porcelain; footed urn-shaped cup, the stained-ivory body reticulated in an arabesque pattern, raised on a flared, pierced circular base; the stained-ivory spherical lid reticulated and gilded, the knop shaped like a spire; the oviform liner a solid orange color; the round stand having a slightly flared stem with pierced gilt-trimmed cylindrical base.
Condition: Very good