- Artist: Derby Crown Porcelain Co. LTD. (Maker)
- Medium: Porcelain
- Geographical Location: Derby, England
- Dates: ca. 1885
- Dimensions: 10 5/8 x 7 1/2 x 7 in. (27 x 19.1 x 17.8 cm)
- Markings: Underside of base. At center, transfer printed in red: [Co. logo]; impressed at center 'B'; at outer edge, in red paint: '531/2532/[painters mark]'; impressed at outer edge: '531' and in purple paint 'h'; applied rectangular paper sticker, written in black ink: "2598".
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H27, 8G
- Accession Number: 1999.152.262
- Image: CUR.1999.152.262_view1.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2012
Tall, wide vase in cream glaze with gilt decoration. Tall neck with flared rim and raised palmette and bell flower pattern descending down neck and over shoulders of vase, highlighted in gold. Round wide body with decoration on both sides of main body of large dark purple/blue plums with gold leaves and tendrils, with several small gold colored butterflies in flight. Long, wide, outward flaring reticulated handles in gold, extending the length of the main body; small, flat, domed foot with thin gold band.