"Sof-Tech" Side Chair
- Artist: David Rowland (Designer)
- Medium: Tubular steel, plastic-coated springs
- Geographical Location: York, Pennsylvania, United States
- Dates: ca. 1979
- Dimensions: 29 7/8 x 19 1/2 x 16 7/8 in. (75.9 x 49.5 x 42.9 cm)
Seat Height: 17 in. (43.2 cm)
- Markings: Paper label affixed to underside of seat frame: "Sof-Tech Collection TM / designed for Thonet by / David Rowland [in script] TM / US PATS 3,720, 568; 3,767,261; / 3,843,477; 3,845,986 / CAN PAT: 960,380 (74). / Other patents pending"
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 7, Shelf E
- Accession Number: 84.33.2
- Image: 84.33.2_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Tubular chrome-plated steel frame with plastic-coated gridded sheet for seat and back. Frame composed of a pair of straight stiles, curving back slightly at the top, and a single length of steel running from the foot of both legs, around the sides and back of the seat. The seat and back are each composed of a length of plastic-covered ("Soflex") grid (with rounded lines), arching slightly upward from side to side.
CONDITION: Excellent, no noticeable wear.