Plate, Theme and Variation
- Artist: Piero Fornasetti (Designer)
- Medium: Glazed earthenware
- Geographical Location: Milan, Italy
- Dates: ca. 1954
- Dimensions: 1/2 x 4 1/8 x 4 1/8 in. (1.3 x 10.5 x 10.5 cm)
- Markings: On underside of base, transfer printed in black: "[human eye]/TEMA E/VARIAZIONI/1/[hand with paint brush]/FORNASETTI . MILANO/MADE IN ITALY".
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H24, 8G
- Accession Number: 2005.37.1
- Image: 2005.37.1_PS2.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2007
Small circular dished porcelain plate with transfer-printed decoration of a woman's face in black on white ground. Number 1 from 7 piece Tema e Variazioni series.