[Untitled] (Poem and Decorative Wreath)
- Artist: Catharine Emma Manley
- Medium: Watercolor over graphite with text in ink on paper
- Dates: n.d.
- Dimensions: Sheet: 21 5/16 x 16 1/4 in. (54.1 x 41.3 cm)
- Signature: (see description)
- Inscriptions: Inscription on cover of folder, in ink: "In this sheet is a flower piece, painted, and verses composed / when my mother was ['a' struck through] very young, certainly not over twelve years of age. / Emma C. Embury."
- Collection: American Art
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 2N12, E119
- Accession Number: X1042.133
- Image: X1042.133_PS2.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2008
Drawing housed in old folder of folded paper with inscription by artist's daughter on cover. Poem inscribed within wreath of flowers reads: "These flowers shall ever live and ever bloom, / E'en in December beauteous as in May, / Thus man, soon leaving the dark, silent tomb, / Shall live forever in eternal day / [verse continues below central image of fruit] Then tho' the rolling years may swiftly fly, / they will but bring us nearer to our home; / Each year tho' it may destroy some tender tie, / Will fit us better for the joy to come. / Miss Ann Manley / from / Catharine Emma Manley"