Four-Piece Flatware Setting
- Artist: Russel Wright (Designer)
- Medium: Stainless steel
- Geographical Location: Japan
- Dates: ca. 1950-1958
- Dimensions: Fork (a): 1 1/8 x 1 x 7 3/16 in. (2.9 x 2.5 x 18.3 cm)
Teaspoon (b): 3/4 x 1 3/8 x 6 1/4 in. (1.9 x 3.5 x 15.9 cm)
Soup spoon (c): 3/4 x 1 5/8 x 6 7/8 in. (1.9 x 4.1 x 17.5 cm)
Knife (d): 3/8 x 3/4 x 8 1/4 in. (1 x 1.9 x 21 cm)
- Markings: For a-c (fork, teaspoon, soup spoon): stamped on underside of handle, "JAPAN HULL STAINLESS" and, in script, "Russel Wright"
For d (knife): stamped on one side of blade "HULL STAINLESS" and stamped on other side of blade "JAPAN"
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 17, Shelf N
- Accession Number: 85.109.1a-d
- Image: 85.109.1a-d_transp5218.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Stainless steel flatware setting, 4 pieces. (a) Fork: Square-ended handle, tapering in and spreading out into slight bowl, fork end with four tines. (b) Teaspoon: square-ended handle, tapering in towards pear-shaped, shallow bowl. (c) Soup spoon: square-ended handle, tapering towards the circular, shallow bowl. (d) Knife: handle square in section with rounded sides, solder seam connects blade to handle.
CONDITION: Surface scratches on all four pieces. Knife blade is badly pitted, missing four or five teeth on serrated edge near tip.