Cup and Saucer from Four-Piece "Notebook" Setting
- Artist: Robert Venturi (Designer)
- Medium: Porcelain
- Geographical Location: New York, New York, United States
- Dates: ca. 1985
- Dimensions: Cup (a): 2 1/8 x 4 1/4 x 3 3/8 in. (5.4 x 10.8 x 8.6 cm)
Saucer (b): 3/4 x 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 in. (1.9 x 14.6 x 14.6 cm)
- Markings: On underside of both cup (a) & saucer (b), printed in black: 'Swid Powell / © Robert Venturi [facsimile signature in script] / "Notebook" '
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 18, Shelf E
- Accession Number: 85.158.13a-b
- Image: "Cropped", 85.158.11_85.158.12_85.158.13a-b_mark_cropped_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
"Notebook" pattern, cup (a) and saucer (b) of white porcelain with vitreous glaze and transfer-printed decorations. Can-shaped, cylindrical cup (a) covered with black splotches in imitation of spatterware; simple arched handle. Saucer (b), circular plate with wide rim. Front of plate covered with black splotches in imitation of spatterware. Part of four-piece place setting (85.158.11-13a-b).