Table-top Mirrror in Stand from Bedroom Set
- Artist: Norman Bel Geddes (Designer)
- Medium: Enameled steel, chrome-plated metal, brass, wood
- Geographical Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Dates: 1929-1932
- Dimensions: Stand: 13 x 27 1/2 x 6 1/2 in. (33 x 69.9 x 16.5 cm)
Backing support: 24 1/2 x 18 1/4 x 1/8 in. (62.2 x 46.4 x 0.3 cm)
Mirror: 24 1/2 x 18 1/4 x 1/4 in. (62.2 x 46.4 x 0.6 cm)
- Markings: An original circular decal reads: "SIMMONS / FURNITURE. / SIMMONS COMPANY / TRADE MARK REG. U.S, PAT. Off. / MADE IN UNITED STATES OF AMERICA'. Bottom on stand is stamped: "23015".
- Signature: no signature
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 10, Shelf E
- Accession Number: 87.221.4a-c
- Image: 87.221.3_87.221.4a-c_SL3.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Tabletop mirror set (part of a six-piece bedroom suite 87.221.1-.6), beige enameled steel with chrome-plated decoration and glass. Set consists of stand (a), back plate (b), and mirror (c). Mirror is rectangular in shape with round left and right edges and has conforming back plate of beige enameled steel. Stand has rectangular base of beige enameled steel with rounded corners; running across width of base in center is chrome-plated, routed metal strip with recessed center; at either side of center strip rise two vertical framing elements (that hold mirror and back plate) of chrome-plated metal, each consisting of three rounded strips of graduated height forming a "skyscraper" motif. Green felt strips adhered to bottom of stand. En suite with vanity, 87.221.3.