- Artist: Empire China Works (Manufacturer)
- Medium: Porcelain
- Geographical Location: Brooklyn, New York, United States
- Dates: ca. 1875
- Dimensions: 9 1/2 x 9 x 6 in. (24.1 x 22.9 x 15.2 cm)
- Markings: Unmarked.
On base, small white paper sticker with blue ink:' F1'; small white paper sticker with blue ink: '4681/6.'
- Inscriptions: On one side, in gold paint: 'Presented to/Edward Stephens'; on reverse in gold paint: 'By/the/Empire China Mfg. Co.'
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H27, 4I
- Accession Number: 2011.79.1
- Image: 2011.79.1_side2_PS6.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2011
Large white glazed porcelain pitcher with wide spout and thick ear shaped handle, decorated on either side with a slight heart shaped gold and purple cartouche containing presentation details; on one side a single pink rose with green leaves and in gold paint in gothic script: 'Presented to/Edward Stephens' and on reverse also in gold paint gothic script: 'By/the/Empire China Mfg.Co.' Pitcher rim, handle and foot outlined with a thin gold band; under spout and handle in gold paint, a vertical leaf and feather design.