- Artist: Gorham Manufacturing Company (Maker)
- Medium: Silver
- Geographical Location: Providence, Rhode Island, United States
- Dates: ca. 1901
- Dimensions: 2 1/4 x 32 1/4 x 20 3/4 in. (5.7 x 81.9 x 52.7 cm)
- Markings: Stamped on bottom, near one of the handles: "[lion passant; another in shield; Gothic 'G' in octagon] / STERLING / A651 / 26 IN"
- Inscriptions: Incised in center of tray, in various fancy fonts: "PRESENTED TO / HON BIRD S COLER / COMPTROLLER of the City of New York / BY THE / EMPLOYEES OF THE / DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE / December 31, 1901."
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H26, 7D
- Accession Number: 1992.90
- Image: 1992.90.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, Nov 30, 2003
Tray, silver. Rectangular tray with undulating outer border including cast, applied rococo-style ornament of scrolls, shells and flowers on edge of rim. Rim is ornamented with repoussé decoration including scrolling ornament in center of each side and deeply chased spray of roses and daisies in each corner. Cast, applied, c-shaped handles on each short end comprise complex scrolls with shell in center of underside. Concave bouge of tray ornamented with shell inscription in varying letter faces.
CONDITION - Normal wear, scratches and oxidation.