"Silver Streak" Iron
- Artist: Saunders Corporation (Manufacturer)
- Medium: Pyrex glass, metal, cloth and plastic
- Geographical Location: Yonkers, New York, United States
- Dates: ca. 1946
- Dimensions: 5 1/2 x 9 1/4 x 3 7/8 in. (14.0 x 23.5 x 9.9 cm)
- Markings: (1) Impressed on top side of metal heel: [in script] "Silver Streak"
(2) Impressed on bottom side of metal heel: "SAUNDERS SINCE 1858 / MODEL 1038 / 1000 WATTS / 110-120 VOLTS A.C. ONLY"
(3) Molded in Pyrex below handle: "PYREX"
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5Q12-LUCE, Unit 17, Shelf L
- Accession Number: 1992.167
- Image: 1992.167_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
"Silver Streak" electric iron; glass and metal. Molded Pyrex body, red cased with colorless glass. Colorless glass handle joined at both ends. Circular metal and plastic dial with fabric selection mounted on torso under handle. Black and white cloth covered cord and black plastic plug.
CONDITION: Excellent; cord and plug intact. Light scratches on metal base and underside.