"Skyscraper" Cocktail Shaker with Strainer and Lid
- Artist: Norman Bel Geddes (Designer)
- Medium: Chrome-plated metal
- Geographical Location: Rome, New York, United States
- Dates: Designed 1934. Manufactured 1935.
- Dimensions: 12 3/4 x 3 5/16 x 3 5/16 in. (32.4 x 8.4 x 8.4 cm)
- Markings: Stamped on underside of base of shaker (a): "Revere / ROME / N.Y."
- Signature: no signiture
- Inscriptions: no inscriptions
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, 5H24, 5I
- Accession Number: 83.108.5a-c
- Image: 83.108.5a-c_83.108.6_83.108.13_83.108.14a-d_bw.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Cocktail shaker, chromed metal. (a) Shaker: Tall, thin cylinder decorated with eight vertical ribs. (b) Strainer: inserted into shaker and fitting under the lid with flat, circular bottom with perforated strainer, surmounted by a thin cylinder, open above. (c) Lid: simple short cylinder finished and decorated like shaker. Part of set 83.108.5.-17.
Condition: All surfaces shows wear with scratching and wear to plating, especially where ribs are attached to shaker and lid.