- Artist: Greenwood Art Pottery Company (Maker)
- Medium: Porcelain
- Geographical Location: Trenton, New Jersey, United States
- Dates: ca. 1883-1886
- Dimensions: 9 3/4 x 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 in. (24.8 x 12.1 x 12.1 cm)
- Markings: Marked on bottom:
(1) hand painted in dark gold: "TS="
(2) printed in purple: floral logo with "61" at center, surrounded by circular belt with "J. E. CALDWELL & Co PHILA" and then semi-circular ribbon with "GREENWOOD ART POT.Y Co. N. J."
- Collection: Decorative Arts
- Museum Location: Brooklyn Museum, BMA, EXHIBITION-5, American 5K20
- Accession Number: 1993.157
- Image: 1993.157_SL1.jpg. Brooklyn Museum photograph, 0,
Ewer, white porcelain body with gilt and pate-sur-pate decoration. Circular sloping foot supports baluster shape body with elongated neck, large gilt spout and applied inverted L-shape gilt handle. Overall dark blue high glaze ground with raised gilt and bronze decoration in the Japanese taste with bamboo-like stalks and leafy fronds interspersed with thinner branches sprouting small white flowers rendered in a pate-sur-pate technique with one large feathery long-billed bird in flight. Interior of upper neck with sponged gold effect on white ground.